ABOUT THE GAY LONGHAIR BULLETIN BOARD
Old Behavior Rules
In today's climate, to provide you with a spam-free web community, we must moderate posts. Time is not critical on a board such as this, so we have arranged for posts to generally appear within a few hours. Posts must also be appropriate to what our community is about, and you will find that information here.
Longhairs as a social group do have a culture, and celebration of that culture is much of what this site is about. If you are not familiar with that culture, please look around the board and get a feel for it before you post.
This is not a general gay community bulletin board. Posts that are no more related to longhairs than to people in general, such as politics not related to hair or specifically to our longhair community, belong elsewhere. (We consider religion to be a subset of politics, so what we just said about politics also applies to religion.)
Submissions in the nature of personal ads which appear to neither be from nor seeking a longhair will not be posted. Unless you're a known regular, we ask you to make the connection to longhaired men clear in your post. Wannabes, "growin-it-outs", and admirers are welcome, but if that is your situation, please say so in your posts.
Anonymous posting is okay; however using only one anonymous name is all that is required to be anonymous. We consider using multiple anonymous names to be an act undertaken for a different and unpermitted reason - to defraud other users. Therefore, please use the same name each time you post. Posts found in violation will be removed.
Verboten, because most longhairs want to make love, not war:
- Advertising (posting with an aim to get money for yourself or someone you know), because it irritates most users. Exception: If you are a member of this community (a man with long hair yourself) and you feature original creations that center around longhaired men. This exception is because there is a shortage of such material which we all very much would like to see, and because we we want to support those in our community who choose to give back to it.
- Links to pay sites (other than those falling within the exception above), because pay sites also irritate most users.
- Posts not supportive of men growing and keeping their long hair.
- Derogatory comments about a user. If you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything at all.
- Material of a libelous or slanderous tone about anybody. We don't have the time nor energy to investigate the truthfulness behind such, so we just don't post it.
- Invasion of the privacy of others.
- Guideline #1: Discussing someone else, posting of his photos or other web material, or posting of links to his web material constitutes invasion of privacy if you do it repeatedly, which we define as more than a few times in a year on this board or other venues we frequent, aggregated together. Posting frequently in reply whenever he posts also qualifies.
- Guideline #2: Posting material even once about someone else if your primary intent is to embarrass that person.
- Slur words, unless germane to discussion of an event.
- Complaints about another user's post. (We are receptive to valid complaints, but they will only be acted upon if submitted to the webmaster by going here. Do not attempt to post complaints to the board because they will neither appear nor be acted upon.)
- Pointing out what you perceive to be the religious or political incorrectness of others when you know they don't want to hear about it.
- Negative comments about the deficient English skills, or choice of language to post in, of others. All are welcome here. (If you wish to post in a language other than English, see the next paragraph.)
Longhairs of all nationalities are welcome here, however if we cannot translate or comprehend a submission, it will not be posted. If you post in a major Roman-alphabet language and use common words, your post should be accepted.
Photos of minors are only permitted if they are fully clothed and in no way suggestive. Photos of youth are further limited to those of members of your immediate household, of public figures such as celebrities, or of yourself.
[ About the Bulletin Board (FAQ) ]
[ Bulletin Board ] [ Main Page ]